Whenever food is cooked or water is boiled, steam is produced in great amounts which leads to the problem of condensation. That’s why you need to be careful why planning your tiny kitchen designs. It can be controlled to a great deal if the following tips are followed appropriately.
Produce less vapor:
1. While boiling water, try to boil only the exact amount of water that you require. This will save you on your bills as well as reduce the overall amount of stem produced.
2. Covering your utensils with a lid also not only reduces the amount of vapor in the air, but also helps your food to cook in less time and together doesn’t allowing splattering.
3. Use a kettle that will turn itself off automatically when the water inside has boiled to avoid over-boiling the water which leads to production of more water vapors unnecessarily.
4. Dry your washed clothes outside the house if its not raining.
1. A cooker hood fixed above your cooker is an excellent means to remove excess steam, cooking odors and greasy smells from the kitchen as soon as it is produced.
2. Alternatively, an extractor fan fixed in one of your kitchen walls or windows will help ventilate the kitchen, removing the cooking smells and excessive vapor in the air.
Collect excessive moisture:
Try to collect and immediately get rid of excessive moisture in the air.
1. If you have a tumble drier, vent it outside using a flexible pipe. Attach one of its end to the back of the machine and the other ducted either through the wall outside or hung out of the window.
2. An alternative to this is using a condenser drier. Its job is to condense the steam to water which is removed through the waste pipe.
Improve insulation and heating:
1. Have double glazed windows fixed in the kitchen if possible. They help in reducing the overall condensation.
2. If you’ve stone, marble or tiled flooring, they’ll remain cold and attract excessive moisture in the air towards them making them wet and slippery. You can spread washable carpet tiles over this flooring to avoid this problem.